The Store Manager’s main focus is to oversee daily store operations, which include a strong emphasis on exceptional customer service standards, the ability to create and drive sales goals, maintaining excellent visual presentation and monitoring inventory shortage control, as well as developing and fostering a “TEAM” oriented working environment.
- Meet sales goals
- Analyze available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Continuously motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
- Support the development of associates’ sales techniques, ensuring utilization of designated sales techniques to maximize sales Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling staff is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with Supervisor and Marketing to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service, utilizing the designated sales techniques
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist sales associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and center events, etc.
- Empower associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
- Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
- Oversee the Inventory department to ensure the tasks are being completed efficiently and effectively
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
- Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understand and properly execute all management register functions
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and LP audits
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office and other stores
- Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including: Word, Excel
- Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with buyer and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
- Recruit, train, and develop staff ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel
- Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
Minimum 2 years retail experience in a supervisory role, management experience preferred.
- Leadership Skills: Store manager have to keep their employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions. A successful Assistant Sales Manager is a good leader.
- Time Management: Store manager might have to create schedules, order supplies and write reports. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- Analytical Skills: Store manager may be asked to recruit and hire staff and being a good judge of character will help ensure that the right people are being hired. Analytical skills are needed to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
- Decision-Making Skills: Whether it is dealing with employees, management or vendors, Store manager will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to success.
- Strong Communication: Store manager do a lot of communicating. This might be in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. Store manager might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reprimands. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help in any of these scenarios.