How-To Braid With A Twist: Hair Braid Style
Posted on 08 July 2016
Are you ready for a new twist to your hair braid style? The licorice braid is a style we are quickly seeing take on the summer. From Kourtney Kardashian rocking it on red carpets to her hardcore workout sessions with Khloe, this versatile braid is suddenly becoming our #1 obsession. Not only is it versatile but can hold it's locks through heat, humidity, and worst of all: rain. This fuss-free, easy to do braid is a look that we see never going out of style. So as you are plotting your summer ‘dos, let this braid help step-up your game and become your inspo for the days ahead. There is only one question you are left with, HOW and WHERE do we rock it? Follow the step-by-step instructions below to see how simple and chic this can be.
Steps for this licorice hair braid style:
- Begin this hair braid style by parting your hair to your liking.
- Divide hair evenly into two sections.
- Pin back one section and split remaining hair into two pieces.
- Simultaneously, twist both pieces toward your neck
- Then, wrap the twisted pieces away from your neck.
- Secure with a clear elastic tie. (Easy to find at your local drug store)
- Take the piece you pinned back and repeat steps 3-6.
- Finally, wrap twists together by twisting them toward your neck.
- Now rock that licorice braid!
Extra Tip: for that messy-fresh out of bed look, carefully pull on each section to loosen up your hair. Add some of your favorite hairspray for that extra hold because you never know what adventures await you.
Keep it loose or tight, high or low, messy or put together. Long or short hair? Curly or straight? This trending braid is the perfect match to whatever mess you wake up to. Wear it with your boyfriend’s tee and baggy jeans or go big and style it with an open back dress or off-the-shoulder romper to make a statement for date night. This new hair braid style will send you trending out the door in no time.